The city of Wildomar has started a beautification program. Part of that includes 10 free garbage bags a month if you sign up.
|This photo was taken outside of Yellow Basket where 13 of us showed up at 7:30am to collect garbage from the side of the roadway along Clinton Keith. As it happened to be, it was World Clean Up Day!|
Here is the press release from the city:
Wildomar’s ‘Community Beautification Program’ starts on Monday and residents can help!
On Monday, September 14, 2020, the City of Wildomar is launching a Community Beautification Program, “Keep It Clean,” which will allow residents to obtain up to 10 free bags per month to help collect litter throughout the city.
Those wishing to participate will need to fill out a waiver (http://bit.ly/KeepItCleanWaiver) prior to obtaining the litter bags. The bags can be picked up at the Wildomar Cemetery (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm); we will allow exceptions of more bags for group pick-ups if needed.
Once filled, the bags can be left at the roadside and will be collected by the City’s Public Works Department every Monday, or can be collected sooner if the resident contacts the City through the Public Works Online Service Request Portal: (http://www.cityofwildomar.org/government/departments/public_works).
The bags that will be available on Monday are the “pilot program” bags and will soon be replaced with bags donning the City’s logo as well as “Keep It Clean, Community Beautification Program.”
This program is 90 percent funded by sponsorships from Southern California Edison, CR&R, Waste Management and Burke, William and Sorenson LLC, the City’s legal consulting firm. The remaining 10 percent was covered by the City’s General Fund.
For questions regarding this program, please contact Daniel Torres at (951) 678-2451 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Going over the ground rules. Safety first!|
|There are no age restrictions when it comes to developing community spirit.|
|A group photo before we all fanned out in different directions.|
|In action along the northern side of Clinton Keith just west of Stable Lanes Rd.|
Isn't that just a stunning view of the hills? Wildomar is indeed a beautiful place to live.
|This is what it looks like when using a geotagging app.|
|Be sure to join the growing Facebook group.|
If you'd like to be part of the larger effort, still not an official city endeavor, and backed by Mayor Pro-tem Bridgette Moore and Councilman Joseph Morabito please search for Wildomar Beautification Volunteers on Facebook.
This is a work in progress
So far Bridgette and Joseph (that's me to the uninitiated) have gone out for an hour once a weekend for about the last ten weeks, except one, to pick up litter. She's such a good leader that she even bought the vests you see in the photos above... she's going to wash them between uses too.
We envision this becoming a bi-monthly event. No pressure to attend, and even if you were to come out just once a year, that would be great. It will also be a great way for students to get community service hours.