Saturday, August 20, 2016

• Vet Expo 2016

This has become a budding tradition; the Elks Lodge hosted Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez's 3rd Annual Vet Expo. 

There were 45 vendors with about 150 vets that checked in.

Also in attendance were RivCo Supervisor Kevin Jeffries, Wildomar Mayor Bridgette Moore, and Lake Elsinore Mayor Brian Tisdale.



The event began with an invocation, followed by the presentation of colors and the singing of the National Anthem by Wildomar city clerk, Debbie Lee.
Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez addresses  the a crowd as Field Representative Deni Horne looks on.
The Assemblywoman spoke for about 8 minutes, thanking those that were in attendance. Then she went around to the various booths and made herself available to anyone that wanted to chat with her.

I wasn't sure if my recording device caught her remarks from the stage (it did catch the key comments), so I caught up to her before she left and asked her for a soundbite on the day's event. 

Below are transcriptions of the live remarks, followed by the soundbite about an hour later.
• I just want to say, on a final note, that I'm blessed to be in this position, I really am. I love to be in this district. It is service, it's not supposed to be about me, it's about you. I hope that I reflect that in how I operate. If you need anything from me, whether it's help with a government agency, I love helping out when people have problems with the DMV because they make me crazy. Anything you're having trouble with, that you can't quite find the answer to, please call our office. We have a lot of resources and we can find the right person to help you. We're here to serve you; that is my job. 

• Today's event is about serving our veterans. Especially when veterans are leaving active duty service, they don't know which way to turn, they need some help, that's what we're here to provide. We serve veterans who've been out for years, who are having difficulty with the VA, with insurance, the DMV or with anything. That's what our office does, we are here to serve our constituents, and we want you to come to us when you have a problem.

Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez
A look from the back of the room towards the stage.

Food and beverages were generously provided by the Elks Lodge. Next time I need to arrive hungry, and not after having a good sized breakfast... D'oh!

Contact info for the Assemblywoman

41391 Kalmia St #220, Murrieta, CA 92562

(951) 894-1232

•          •          •

Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country's cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.


—Abraham Lincoln, 16th US president, 1809-1865

Wildomar Rap is happy to know, and show respect to, so many veterans, though he can't truly understand the work they've done. Not even after binge watching the History Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.