Monday, October 9, 2017

• To Breathe or Not to Breathe

Did anyone else notice the particularly dirty air that rolled in during the late morning? It was almost as brown as DeJong's chocolate milk. ☺

I was out at Marna O'Brien park, illegally flying my drone again, when I noticed a wave of brown air coming from the north. 

No doubt that it's Santa Ana wind season, I've heard of a fire near the 241 and 91 that is burning pretty fiercely, but I didn't detect the smell that usually comes with smoke tinged air.

The air didn't appear to be smoggy, just a lot of dust/dirt. Thank you Santa Ana winds.
Upon returning home I checked the local websites that deal with air quality, and found that the two were somewhat in conflict with each other, and what appeared to be obvious.
From SCAQMD. Perhaps they don't refresh their numbers very often.
AIRNow (dot) gov.
Looks like a day to put your step counter back in the drawer.
Just another 15 points and we hit the next level up, "Unhealthy".
If you or your children have breathing issues, what steps do you take on days like this?
I was out trying to get some pics of the park's landmarks,
but between the wind and the dirty air, it was a bust.
AIRNow.gov Website for 92595

•    •    • UPDATE •    •    •
As of 1pm this graphic had been updated to "Very Unhealthful".
I guess I'd scooped them or something
•                •                •

I don't know, my music has always just come from where the wind blew me. Like where I'm at during a particular moment in time.
– Tom Petty


Whether it's "where the wind blew me" or perhaps "the best laid plans of mice and men"Wildomar Rap is perched on the corner of "look what the cat dragged in" and "how the cookie crumbles."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.