Tuesday, April 10, 2018

• How To Get a Burned Out Street Light Fixed

Perhaps you remember that during the public comments section of the last city council meeting, a local resident had brought up his concerns about a burned out street light. 
The light doth shine anew.
He lives near the busy corner of Frederick and Charles, in Windsong Valley, and he shared his frustration of not being able to get the light fixed. 

If you go back to the blog where this was first written up, you'll see that Mayor Ben Benoit and Councilmember Bridgette Moore interceded to help out.


Since I was at that meeting, and I knew where the outage was, I thought I'd give reporting it a whirl. At that time, the city's website hadn't been updated at that point, so I just went straight to SCE's website, but got lost in their byzantine website so I just asked Google instead. 
This took me directly to the page I needed.
After answering all their questions, then hitting submit, I got this response.
If I were Homer Simpson, I'd have been saying "D'oh" and "Why you little..." more than once during this misadventure.
So I called and reported the streetlight in question, and that was actually a pretty easy task to get through. The one thing I didn't have handy was the pole number. As it turns out, that particular pole's number had been removed.

The woman on the phone was very helpful and told me that the repair would be made within five days. Unfortunately I got another call that I had to take before I could give her my info, so that I could be contacted once the work had been finished.

It had been a couple of weeks since I'd been in that area when the streetlights were on. I passed by this evening and did see that it was indeed fixed now, as the image at the top of the blog will attest to.

While putting together this blog I went over to the city's new website to find the procedure for reporting a streetlight outage. There is indeed a way to do so, and it's not that many clicks off the front page. 
First click "How Do I...?" where you see the green arrow. Then a bluish gray window opens and scroll down to "report an issue" and click that. 
When you get to this page, click the option that mentions streets.
You'll see that this page has many checkboxes to choose from, but none specifically mentions "Street Lights". (Maybe that can be included on the next website update?) Still, you can see where the red underline is, that street lights are mentioned.
BEST REPORTING METHOD 

I've discovered that there are many different ways to report such an outage, but you might as well go to SCE in the first place, since they are the ones that will be taking care of it in the end. And, you might as well blow past their website and just call 800-611-1911 and cut out the middleman. 

•                •                •



"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977


With that piercing insight, I bet there is no reason why anyone would want Wildomar Rap on their computer either.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email. Link to proper format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.