Friday, June 15, 2018

• Car Accident On Baxter Near Freeway

Rollover collision at the difficult Central/Baxter curve.
Taken from Cervera.
At 2:59pm I got a message telling me that Central was blocked from Cervera to the freeway. So I climbed up on my roof to see if I could see anything, and I saw two police cars blocking the west bound traffic, directing cars to either turn around or take the northbound onramp.
With the telephoto lens from my roof.
Being that I live a short walk away, I grabbed my camera and headed for the corner of Cervera and Central. One person I saw at the roadblock, in her car, had been heading to Round Up Feed from the other side of the freeway but was directed to go onto the northbound onramp at the roadblock. 

She was hoping that she could take the back way to the store but saw that it was also blocked off from this side of the interstate. Her only worries were for the safety of those involved.
The road was closed in both directions. 
That's where I met middleschooler Daniel Grider who had heard the collision from his house, which was a couple of hundred yards away as the crow flies.

I asked him about it, "I heard some honking, then I heard tires screeching, then I heard the collision." 
Daniel Grider at a safe distance from the accident scene.
Last update there were no fatalities.

The road remained closed well into the evening. No further reports have been released.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.