Monday, June 4, 2018

• Vegetation Fire

I was told about a fire west of Gruwell near Almond at about 3:50pm. I got to the corner of Walnut and Orange and the street was blocked off. 
The corner of Orange and Walnut were blocked.
The fire was never out of control and [at least] four trucks knocked it down in short order. 
Looking south down Orange, from Walnut, with maximum zoom on my Sony video camera.
I only live a couple of miles from there, but didn't see any smoke in the sky as I approached the area (always a good sign compared to the other option).
Same basic view at mid zoom.
I stopped my car at the corner of Orange and Walnut, parked at My Garage Advanced Transmissions, then walked over and chatted with CSO (Community Service Officer) Roxanne Jouglard; that's where I learned that it was a small vegetation fire.
The wide angle look shows off an American flag flying with the breeze.
Thankfully no one was reported to be hurt. 
Below is a short video that was originally seen on facebook showing the fire engine roll up to the scene. Video courtesy of Debbie Salbato.

Photo courtesy of Mayor Ben Benoit.
•                •                •



Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
– Abraham Lincoln 

Wildomar Rap is still undecided on how high to set the happiness meter... though often it ends up on 11.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.