Monday, July 22, 2019

• Fire at the Freeway July 22, 2019

No official names have been bestowed on this fire that was along the freeway from Bundy Canyon north to past Lemon Street (it was put out very quickly and no serious damage was done).
 The fire was already out near the Bundy Canyon northbound exit.
No cause has been determined yet.  
Early official word is 8 acres north of Bundy Canyon, no injuries, no displacements (email time stamp 5:39pm)It was reported that there was a similar fire along the freeway in Murrieta. 
The first view of the fire in Wildomar while traveling north on the I-15.
You can just make out the outlines of the fire fighters through the smoke.
I got called by fellow council member Bridgette Moore at 4:39pm regarding the fire(s). She'd heard about them through a facebook post and a local resident.
It was stunning to see so many separate fires. 
Soaking the hot spots.
I was told it was on the east side of the freeway at Bundy Canyon. Not knowing if the freeway would be open or not I still headed east on Baxter.
On the Bundy Canyon northbound on ramp. 
I couldn't see any smoke until I got past Round Up.I noticed that the freeway was still going at normal speed so I entered the on ramp going north.
 I lost count of all the fire engines that were on scene.
I was just getting to the Bundy Canyon off ramp as it was being closed.I headed to the next exit (Railroad Canyon) and headed back along Grape Street and met up with Bridgette at the corner of Lemon and Orange.

There were large flames shooting up as late as 5:00pm. 
The dry vegetation burned quickly.
 People stopped on Grape street to watch the fire.
This power pole took some light damage.
Orange Street was blocked off by a deputy. In the 20 minutes that we were there, we saw at least ten cars get turned around by the officer. 
 This officer was serious about people NOT being able use Orange St.

The line up of cars on Lemon at Orange got long at times.
Engine 85 was making sure the fire was out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.