Wednesday, November 22, 2017

• Here Comes Clinton Keith Village

Fresh on the heels of a slew of Wildomar Square ribbon cuttings, don't look now, but another shopping center is in the works about half mile northeast on Clinton Keith Rd. 
Across from the Oak Springs Apartments. Catty-corner to Teakwoods/Old Market Grill. It was known as Clinton Keith Village at the May 2016 PC Meeting. Not sure if they've changed it or not at this point. 
It calls for about 40,000 sf in seven
buildings, ranging from 2200sf to
12,000sf, anchored by a 7-11 gas station.
This first came across my radar in May of 2016 when it was an item on the planning commission's agenda. I was wondering how long it would be before action occurred, and now the waiting is over. 

I had asked the developers back then, "when they anticipated getting the first shovel in the ground?"
Before they could answer I put a finer point on it, "So, by the end of the year? (2016)" 

"Hopefully not that long," was the reply.



Based on that exchange, they are only about a year behind schedule at this point. 
The grading has begun. 
Viewed from the corner of Clinton Keith and George looking northeast.
While out taking some pictures the superintendent approached me and asked what was up? I told him that people are curious and would love to know the timeline for this project. 
This was snapped from the other side of the project's fence, looking west.
He was very helpful, telling me that they will be excavating and leveling the area over the next several weeks. The high point above Clinton Keith Road will be coming down by about 18 feet to street level.
The rutted slope will be brought down to street level within the next few weeks.

If all goes according to plan, buildings should be up by sometime next August. I didn't take it that they will be occupied and opened by that time, but standing and ready for the lessees to start on the insides. Time will tell.

•                •                •

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
– Mark Twain 

Wildomar Rap laments that much of today's schooling has little to do with education anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.