Saturday, February 17, 2018

• Illegal Dumping

I was just out flying Wildomar Rap Drone-1 today at the new, still unnamed, park site behind Ronald Reagan Elementary School when I came upon some slackjaw's idea of a joke... a toxic dumping ground.
By the weathering on the labels, it appears that these have been here for more than a couple of days.
After discovering it I weighed my options. 
I could either...
•   Forget about it and go on my merry way. 
(which obviously many people have already trodden that path)
•   Go to the city's old website and file a claim, watching it disappear down that black hole. Where information goes in but is never seen again.
•   Wait until the next city council meeting and include it in a slide show of things I don't like in the city, but Wildomar Connections already has that beat covered. 
  or
  •   Use this blog as a way to get the info out.
Not sure what this is —maybe oil, maybe paint, maybe nuclear waste? 
I probably should have taken a closer look at the label... next time.
I'm guessing that if this is important, someone that lives in this area will follow up. 

Hey councilmember Dustin Nigg, I believe this is in District 2 (but I'm only about 50% certain of that). It could be District 5 (Marsha Swanson).
This map isn't too easy to read, but it appears that the boundary goes right down La Estrella.
This oil was about 100 yards away from the school and not more than 200+ yards away from the neighborhood to the south. 

Illegal dumping was recently brought up by a concerned Wildomartini at the last city council meeting too.

I've done my duty as a member of the community by reporting this the best way I know how. Now let's see when it gets cleaned up.
If you're familiar with the area that Ronald Reagan School is in, this was taken at the end of La Estrella.
I hope that when the new city website goes online (which is supposed to be March 1st) that it includes an EASY to use code enforcement page. Something that will allow photos to be uploaded. 
Looks like someone was having a raging party and kicked over the furniture. You can see how close the nearby neighborhood is to this low class dumping ground. The houses are just through the brush at the upper right part of the photo.

Now for some pretty pictures, and a video, that I captured with the drone
Looking in a northeasterly direction from about 150 feet up. Most of this is destined to either be part of the new park or a development that is in the pipeline.
Looking in a southwesterly direction from about 20 feet up. In the middle of the shot, the red spot is a guy on a tractor. In the immediate foreground to the left is a pile of tires.

•                •                •

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
– H.L. Mencken

Yeah, well, but... Wildomar Rap doesn't mind the spitting or the hoisting, but the slitting part is out of the question... for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.