Monday, December 10, 2018

• City Council Meeting December 2018 (special meeting)

The December 10th special city council meeting honored former city council member Tim Walker for his eight years of dedicated service, and then ushered in Joseph Morabito as the new city council member from district 3. 
Joseph Morabito takes the oath as the four other council members look on.
Tim spoke about his years in the seat and that he finished his final meetings on the city's behalf just a few hours earlier in the day. He was awarded a rocking chair from the city, and several proclamations acknowledging his years of service.
After a brief intermission city clerk Debbie Lee administered the oath of office to Joseph Morabito (that's me speaking in the third person if you're not sure). 
Joseph Morabito, Marsha Swanson, Ben Benoit, Bridgette Moore, Dustin Nigg.
From there I read some prepared words, thanking friends and family.
I’m not going to drag my feet with the job of city council member, but I’m also not going to start off at full speed ahead. I want to find the path (if there is such a thing) that has the fewest pitfalls and stumbling blocks, but I’m human and am sure to screw things up from time to time in the eyes of many people.

My goal is to represent Wildomar in a way that brings honor to our city and community.

I have several things I have to balance at once. 

First and foremost I have to represent the best interests of the people of Wildomar, and as long as we have districts, I have to be extra mindful of the issues and concerns of those that live in district 3.

Second, I need to be a good team member with my fellow council members and city staff, while at the same time keeping my individuality and not being afraid to take an unpopular stand when necessary. 

The job of city council member can be a mixed bag. There are plenty of instances where smiles and pats on the back occur, but there are a lot of tough decisions that have to be made too. Decisions that no matter which way the vote goes, about half of the people will be angry. It’s just part of the job.
[...]
With that, I’m eager to begin the real work that I’ve been elected to do and encourage email communication, or FaceBook messages, from all the Wildomartinis within the sound of my voice. 
  —Joseph Morabito, December 10, 2018
The video below is the complete second half of the meeting, which includes an interesting public comment by Murrieta city council member Randon Lane. The swearing in begins around the 4 minute mark (link).
I haven't had a chance to access my email yet, but it's going to follow the typical pattern of first initial followed by the last name: jmorabito@cityofwildomar.org

I'll be sharing my number when I get it, and it'll be available at the city's website too. http://cityofwildomar.org/

Wildomar Rap opinion time

It's been a great run providing video and other commentary of the city meetings over the last several years. Tonight was the last night I'll need to do that. Not only will I be up on the dais, but I heard some good news.

At tonight's special meeting there was a camera in place to livestream the meeting, and I was told that all future meetings will be live streamed too.

Check out this link, I believe it's the one to the Wildomar video page.
https://livestream.com/accounts/26084177/Wildomar

Hope to see you at Breakfast With Santa this Saturday at the fire station on Gruwell St.

•                •                •

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
– Pericles

Just because you don't take an interest in Wildomar Rap doesn't mean Wildomar Rap will bat an eyelash one way or the other.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

2 comments:

  1. It cost me a whole $20 to run my heater this last month and can't imagine what it would have been to do the same with SCE. I was looking at replacing my heater for a more efficient model at a cost of $4,000 but figured I am better off paying extra each month with the old one.

    I hope Randon and Council keep us informed on what we can do to help stop any insane legislation to go all electric in the future. I can't imagine how and why I would come up with the money to replace everything in my house when what I have is working great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to hope that such legislation won't have any real chances of passing and being signed, but crazier things have happened so who knows.

      Delete

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.