Sunday, December 9, 2018

• A Good Deed

Here is a good local story that involves neighbors, a lost bible and more than a decade in between.
The bible found by Wildomar resident Michael Leonard.
I first saw this story about a week ago in the Windsong Valley FaceBook page... proof that social media can be a good thing.

I asked if I could share this story with the rest of the community, and Michael Leonard, than man that found the bible, agreed.

The bible's owner asked that I don't use any of their names. 
I asked him, "What motivated you to look for the owner this many years later?"

His response was, "When I found it I wanted to find the owner but was not really sure where to start so I decided that I would just hang on to it until I could find the owner. I figured in Gods timing it would happen. Then the day I posted it I was reading through this exact bible and I had a discussion with my wife about how we have held onto it for so many years and how I wondered if the owner was still around."
Some of the comments that followed.
He continued, "My wife suggested to post it on fb and it just so happens that as I opened Facebook I saw a feed from the Windsong page and so I thought why not, what could it hurt?"
 
"And the next day the owner of the Bible messaged me. We still haven’t met up but come to find out she is friends with my mother in law."

Thank you to Michael Leonard for his kindness to this family that he never had met before. 

•                •                •

Don't throw stones at your neighbors if your own windows are glass.
– Benjamin Franklin

Wildomar Rap goes one further than ol' Ben Franklin in this instance... how about this revision: don't throw stones at your neighbors —period, end of story.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.