Wednesday, December 5, 2018

• Grand Avenue Update

A couple of quick updates involving Grand Avenue. 
Newly repaired fence posts.
You may remember that it was reported on November 21st about part of the Grand Avenue multi-purpose trail that had been plowed into by a hit and run driver.

I don't have any cost details at this time, but I'm happy to report that this was repaired promptly and it's good as new again!
What it looked like on November 20th.
The second item will interest those that either use Ortega Highway, or get to Lake Elsinore by way of Grand.
I noticed these soft barriers while driving down Grand Ave on the way to work.
Um, errr... I was using a tripod for those wondering.
Too many drivers don't respect the rules of the road so now they've installed several clusters of flexible delineators to prevent illegal passing. 
I counted twelve delineators in each cluster.
I first encountered them at about quarter till five in the morning, and can only imagine how long it'll take before someone plows into them. I'm all for slowing down the crazy drivers, I just hope they don't come with unintended consequences as uncaring drivers play chicken with them.
•                •                •

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
– T.S. Elliot

Mr. Elliot makes a good point, but Wildomar Rap is hopeful that he wouldn't extend that to reckless drivers.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.