Friday, September 7, 2018

• Various and Sundry Things: Mini Version

You may recall that a couple of weeks ago I shared some pics about graffiti on Mission Trail. 


I'm pleased to report that the previously tagged, and retagged, fence has been given a new coat of paint.
How it looked today (September 7th).
Three cheers to the owners that have had to endure this, and have corrected it. Everyone in town thanks you.
How it looked last week.
Sadly, the odds are that the taggers in question will be looking to put their idiocy on display again at some point, and even if they get caught in this brave new world that California has carved out, most likely won't even get a slap on the wrist these days. 

That doesn't mean I want to give in to them.

I've been told by several people that used to live in LA County that if graffiti was reported there, it was quickly removed by the city(ies) and their anti-graffiti task force teams.

I know that passing an ordinance, and then putting it into use will cost money, but we need to create an ordinance with teeth, and get aggressive with graffiti. Waiting for the property owners to remove it hasn't worked to this point. 
Taggers with ladders?
This landowner hasn't been as bothered with the "artwork" on the canvass he provides.
Thing is, real code enforcement takes real money, and to be able to afford a legit game plan when it comes to graffiti removal we'll need to budget for it. 

You may know that Wildomar voters will be asked to approve or reject an additional one penny sales tax increase this coming November; hoping to bring in as much as $1.7M per year in additional revenues. 

I hate taxes too, but by voting against Measure AA, you're in essence voting for the status quo regarding many things in town we'd all like to see improved... including graffiti abatement. 

Most of you know that I, Joseph Morabito, am running for Wildomar city council, and if elected I would be happy to be known as The Graffiti Czar (or is it Tsar?). 
I saw this graffiti on one of my campaign signs and it was cleaned up within an hour.
Green arrow shows the "tag" gone.
If elected, I will not drive by graffiti and leave it unreported, and if necessary I'll see about getting deputized as a code enforcement official so that I can push when it comes to ridding such blight in our city.

Please don't ask me why I'm not on such a crusade today. People in elected position carry about 1000 times more clout in this town than "blogger guy" and we all know it. I'm not a big fan of wasted energy.

***UPDATE***
A week later the chimney was painted.
It may get re-tagged shortly, but I applaud the fight to keep Wildomar nice looking.
•                •                •

For all the wisdom that often accompanies advancing age, the ability to look forward declines as looking backward becomes the norm.
– EG Marshall (CBSRMT)

The age of Wildomar Rap can be ascertained by hacking off one of the limbs and counting the tree rings, though that is far more messy than doing a simple google search.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was a 1% sales tax increase not $.01. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a "one percentage point" increase, or one additional penny. That would raise it from 7.75% to 8.75% which is an increase of 12.9% increase from what it currently is. If it were a 1% increase the new rate would go to 7.8275.

      https://percentagecalculator.net/

      Delete

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.