Thursday, October 31, 2013

• Trick or Treat?

It so happens that Halloween comes on a Thursday this year. Whereas trash day has been on Thursdays since I moved here. Another Thursday ritual is the “Free” paper (Southwest Weekly)  that the Press Enterprise throws on my driveway each week.


I'll admit that I peak into it now and then, but it’s usually only a rehash of what I’ve already heard somewhere else, often days before.

We all know it’s really just a vehicle to get their ads into our hot little hands...  
but let's let them keep thinking they're delivering timely news to us just the same.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 

A month or so back I took notice of their subheading that read:

Serving Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, 
and other communities of Southwest Riverside County.

Ok, I’m not such a homer that you have to mention my city… but then again 
“what up wit’ dat?” 
Was it really too difficult to add Wildomar to that list?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Today I was outside doing some yard work when a van came by to throw the latest copy on the driveway. The driver got my attention and asked me if I had complained about the paper.

I thought to myself, “Not formally” but answered, “No, I don’t have a problem getting the free paper.” 

Apparently someone on my cul-de-sac complained. 

Come to think of it, it would be nice if they'd cut out
the middle man and just toss it in the blue can to start with. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 Oh, and why would I complain when my birds love each issue?  

Though I do wish they were made of plastic and I could use them when I walk my dogs...
but alas, one cannot have everything in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.