Saturday, May 24, 2014

• Rotary BBQ Review, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from today's event. I was hoping for an overflow crowd, where limos were dropping off people and the line up to the porta-potties were twelve deep... but this isn't Coachella. ☺

It was one of those days that you needed sunscreen, even if you didn't think you did. It started off overcast, which was terrific for an outdoor event, but by noon the clouds parted to sunshine though it never got hot.
—(o)—

When I see four of the five city council members at an event it makes me wonder two things.

First, it makes me wonder, if when I was a kid, whether those city council members came to the local events. Somehow I doubt it.

Second, it makes me wonder why the fifth council member of Wildomar never seems interested enough to attend such things. To each his own I guess, but I'd like to thank Council Member Bridgette Moore and Tim Walker, Mayor Pro-Tem Ben Benoit and Mayor Marsha Swanson for demonstrating that they care, once again, for the community that thought highly enough to elect them to office in the first place.

Among those that came was Supervisor Kevin Jeffries, and the political hopefuls Bonnie Garcia, Jeff Stone and Glenn Miller (all vying for the Senate District 28). I would have loved to have seen them mix it up but I'm not even sure they were all present at the same time. Being that I'm an independent that leans Libertarian I don't care which one of them wins. The real election isn't until November anyway.

Also present was Ashley Fox, the girl scout that is raising money for a wheel chair swing. She most likely will eclipse her goal and might even raise enough for a second park toy for special needs residents of Wildomar.

The food was good as was the live band, Courgrzz Rock.
Senate District 28
Senate District 28

There was a band called Courgrzz Rock that played a great mix of tunes from many different eras and genres.
I was watching the bouncy slide as kids were going down it constantly.
I remember when that kind of thing was so much fun.
Now I'm a big chicken when it comes to such attractions.

Thank you to Wildomar's Rotary Club for putting on such a grand event.


Like I've said before, we have a great community and if you haven't discovered that fact yet, let me invite you to join the official website of the city so that you can be alerted to all sorts of things, including community events.

An early morning look of the park before the visitors started arriving.
















^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.