Thursday, June 5, 2014

• Sidewalk CPR

•  Today, near city hall in the Albertson's parking lot, 

 there was a quick Compression Only CPR demonstration  



 •    •    •    •


It takes more effort than you'd think it would.

I didn't know what to expect. I thought it was a three hour class... instead it was a three minute drill, where the 
Compression Only 
technique was demonstrated, then you repeat what you just saw on the practice mannequin... and you're on your way.

After that, I was handed a small paper with five bullet point reminders of what I just was taught. 




This is a facsimile of the paper I was handed.

They also included a link to learn more,
and a phone number 1 877 AHA-4CPR (242-4277)

The only part I didn't get from the poster was where it said, "And have some fun, too!" 
[I sure hope I didn't miss out on any ice cream or Bingo after I left.]

I guess we have different working definitions of fun... but that's ok. ☺

♣    ♣    ♣    ♣    ♣    ♣    ♣    ♣

All kidding aside, these three minutes may just end up saving a person's life. 

++++++  +++++++  ++++++  ++++++  +++++++  ++++++  +++++++



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.