Thursday, March 12, 2015

• Better Know a Wildomar Business: Hollywood Dance

UPDATE

I've recently learned that Hollywood Dance has gone out of business, and in an unflattering manner too. I went to their website and it was down. 

I'll be removing the body of this blog but leaving up the parts with the dancers.



 WR:  Last, you mentioned something about Joffrey Ballet and your students?
 HD We let our dancers know when there are different auditions. When I send them on an audition I'm not expecting them to land it, my expectation is for them to go and get the experience. I send them on different auditions and different master classes for the experience. Joffrey School had an audition nationwide. They had it for seven or eight consecutive weekends; they picked twelve dancers. 

Two of our ten year old girls made it, actually one of them is nine years old [Bryna Quinn and Sarah DiGioia] and they made in to the Joffrey School of Ballet. Another of our dancers, Diamond George, also made it in. 

To get into that program you have to do more than excel, you have to know exactly what you're doing. It's not just about the dance. It's also about your work ethic, your commitment, your dedication, your confidence.

At this point, two of the three girls were in studio to tell me a bit about the audition for the Joffrey Ballet.
Interviewing Sarah DiGioia (light green top) and Bryna Quinn. You can see a glimpse of Holly Davidson (red top).

You can see where I was using a microphone to record the girls' statements. One drawback with audio only... young girls all sound the same to me... D'oh! So I've put the quotes that I'm certain of on a graphic with an action photo of each girl. I'll then add the final part of the interview at the bottom as they were both giving me details.

 WR:  How many other dancers were there?
 BQ&SDG  In our room, there were thirty-two.

We were the only little ones, the rest were like sixteen through twenty-five. I think I saw like one more dancer that looked about eleven.

 WR:  When is the next time you're supposed to meet up with Joffrey?
 BQ&SDG  It's a scholorship for the Summer. You have to be accepted in, but you have to raise enough money, about a thousand dollars a week. It's in the summer, and we take classes eight hours a day.
* * *
Hollywood Dance contact info


(951) 678-2100


22812 Palomar St #105, Wildomar, CA 92595

Business Hours
11:15 am – 9:00 pm

•      •       


If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance..
― George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.