Saturday, May 9, 2015

• Community BBQ and Clean Up

For a cloudy morning in May, a lot was going on in Wildomar.

Ace Hardware all decked out for a community barbecue.


Over at Ace Hardware they were having a community barbecue with free food for those that stopped by. Included were hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, chips and salsa, flautas donated by Los Reyes, and cookies.

One person was remarking to me how generously filled the flautas were with chicken. Very good stuff, especially with some of their salsa on top.

The event was also a chance to donate to the Wildomar Chamber's restoration project. They're looking to put a fresh coat of paint on the Chamber building, which is basically an old house, and to get new furnishings for it too.

Here is a look at the line up at the Ronald Reagan Elementary location as of 12:30pm.




The other event going on this morning was waste clean up. There were two locations to choose from. The lucky ones went to Elsinore High School, where the reports are that the lines were never long. If you went to the location at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, you probably got held up in a line.

I was asking Municipal Services afficionado Les Champman about it, and he was telling me, that by 10am they had already collected as much as they normally would for a full event for that location.

The prediction was that there was going to be five times as much collected by the time it was over. We'll get a complete accounting at the next city council meeting.

A look into the containers.
Usually the busier side is the west side. Guess a lot of people remembered hearing about that in the past and chose to go to the east side, or it was just dumb luck. I had no waste that needed to be dragged to one of the two locations, but I still wanted to see what was up. So I cruised over to Marna O'Brien Park to see the action. ERRRRRR (insert Game Show Buzzer here)


When I got there at about 11:00ish, there was no sign of anything like a Waste Clean Up event. Later I was clued in that it wasn't at Marna, like the Green Waste event after the snow, but at Elsinore HS. I guess I should start reading my own blogs because I reported that it was to be at EHS just a few days ago.

Funny thing, while at the Ace Hardware BBQ one of the council members was there, and telling me how there were several people complaining on FaceBook that the FREE service, wasn't worth their time. If you're one of those that likes to grumble about free things, perhaps you should shell out some greenbacks next time and don't expect more than you put in.

In reality, if you were to go to the dump, you'd still have to wait in long lines, and you'd have to drive to it first. If you can't be bothered, then hire a service.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE STUFF


If you haven't been hearing about such events. I suggest that you sign up for the city's email blasts.

You can also follow the Wildomar of Commerce on FaceBook for regular updates.
→ Here's that link ←

Or you can go to one of the popular Wildomar FaceBook groups by clicking → here.

It was a nice morning, hope to see you at the next event.

It must be because I was wearing my lucky WCoC hat. ☺
I had purchased some raffle tickets and then a couple of hours later I heard my name called... I'd won a bottle of wine... with that bow on it! Looks like Mother's Day is already taken care of (insert winky eye emoticon here) ;)
              
Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining - it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn't solve any problems. — Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.