Saturday, March 19, 2016

• Wildomar Egg Hunt 2016

The day started with some low hanging clouds that broke away for a beautiful SoCal day for Wildomar's annual Eggstravaganza held at Marna O'Brien Park. 


Boy Scout troop 332 manned the snack bar and were selling donuts, breakfast burritos (from Don Panchos), coffee and other treats.

There were 8 different age groups, that each had two scheduled times, starting at 9:00am. A total of 14,000 plastic eggs were up for grabs. 

There were lots of smiles, as countless families enjoyed the music played by Robert Walker of Heyday events, face painting, balloon animals, photographer Kat Ellis taking pics with the Easter Bunny and a jolly jump/bouncy house.

The special needs egg hunt had 4 participants total. A table was set up with different containers that had an egg in it. In one container the egg was in pinto beans, another in rice and yet another in Easter grass.


Below is one of two videos I made of the event. The first video is live action with all the sounds of the day.
The second video is a photo montage. If you like cute kids and happy music... this video is for you. ☺
What a great event to kick off the event schedule for 2016. Below is a list of city events for the rest of the year.

One observation I thought I'd share

I know this has been going on for a couple of years now, but when I was reviewing my photos and videos I made, it was funny to see all the parent's with their smart phones pointed at their kids.
Makes you wonder what people from the distant world of 2007 (the year that the iPhone was introduced) would think if they could be magically transported to today.


•        •        •


One blemish, which very few people noticed, was one woman that looked to be about fifty years old, was cheating in the egg hunts.


"Now how can such an outlandish thing be true," you're asking.

Well, the city would put out several special eggs per round. They were different in appearance since they were white with a cartoon bunny face with ears that extended beyond the oval of the egg. 

I saw this woman cross the yellow caution tape during the 4 to 5 year old time slot, pick up an egg before a child could get to it, and then put it in her child's basket who had been no where in the vicinity. 

I turned to my left, and a parent gave me that "can you believe it?" look, and said, "that woman just took an egg away from my child."
As she plotted her next egg heist.
C'est la vie... or so I thought. 

I saw this same woman sizing up another prize egg about an hour later. Being the good tattletale that I am, I ran over to the yard duty... I mean one of the staffers, and told her how this lady had pilfered a prize egg earlier in the day.

She told me that they'd already had to talk to her twice about her actions. It took me about 10 seconds before my inner vigilante took over. 

I went up to her, looked her in the eye and told her to stop stealing eggs... in not the most friendly manner I might have been able to muster.

She then told me, "I don't speak English."

To which I replied, "Neither do I."

She walked away and didn't hijack any other kid's chance at a prize egg, that probably had a street value of about a buck.
•        •        •


Good Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Easter morning.
Bad Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Christmas morning. 

— Good Idea, Bad Idea (Animaniacs) 
(LINK to original 30 second cartoon from the '90s)

If Wildomar Rap were an Easter Egg, it would be in the shape of a rocket ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.