Wednesday, February 15, 2017

• How to Report Something to Code Enforcement

Has this happened to you?  

You're driving around town and see something that needs attention. It could be dumped furniture/trash, abandoned vehicles or graffiti.
Looks like it might make a comfy bus stop, if moldy couches that have sat in the rain don't bother you too much. These were on Solida Del Sol, across from where the future MSJC campus will be someday. Photo taken at about 1:00pm February 14, 2017.
Do you know how to report it?
There is a city web page for such things. 


Here is what the Code Enforcement page looks like.

At the bottom of the page there is a form asking for the location of the "possible" code violation, and some personal info from the person filing the complaint.

One thing that is missing is a place to attach a photo or a video of the problem. It seems that such an option would make code enforcement's job all the easier.

I filled out the form, entered the captcha code and hit submit report. Instead of it thanking me for my time and diligence, it gave me a message I wasn't expecting. (see image)


It said: Email couldn't be sent. This email account has sent too many messages in a short amount of time. Please try later.

Ummm... errr... Yes, I have sent messages to code enforcement before, but the last time was probably a year ago, and I'm guessing I haven't sent five in total.

Later I was told that the city was having issues with some emails.

The work around is to send an email to the mayor and your city council member. While you're at it, CC Wildomar Code Enforcer Keith Ross. (kross@cityofwildomar.org).

The couches were carted off the next day. Photo taken at about 3:00pm February 15, 2017.

We are a small city, with a small budget and a tiny staff. When we, as fellow Wildomartinis, see things that need attention, report them. Otherwise they might just sit there for months.

The city is working on getting it's new website up and running and hopefully when that happens the code enforcement portion will be updated too... with ways to post photos of the issue at hand. 


I still have to scratch my head when I contemplate what kind of lowlife degenerate would cart their garbage furniture to a remote location like this, and then just dump it. 

As long as we're talking about illegally dumped crapola... let's take a stroll down memory lane. I made this mock commercial after seeing a large dumping ground near the corner of Wesley and Palomar. 
It's only 47 seconds long, so take a look at it.


While I have your attention, I want to share a fun photo I took. 
Few things are as cool as a Wild Omar sticker!


•        •        •


The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line.
H. L. Mencken 1880-1956

Wildomar Rap has a facebook page and a Twitter machine. Feel free to check them out... or not.

1 comment:

  1. the property at 32541wildomar rd. has an illegal carport that the water runs off of it onto my property at 32545 wildomar rd. the current owner who just repossed it from his exwife I understand is well aware of the problem but wants to hear from the city to confirm what he should do about it.the neighbor next to him is running a towing service from his property and has been for years.Is it legal?? sedco area used to be anice clean area but now it's junkyard alley.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.