Monday, January 21, 2019

• Protest At Busy Intersection

I was about to go shopping at Barons when I got a text asking if I knew why Frontwave Credit Union (Wildomar's newest banking entity located in Wildomar Square) was being protested. 

I did a brief google search, but got no answers so I figured I'd just go over and ask them what was up... after shopping that is.
As seen at 2:30pm from ARCO across the street.
I parked by Taco Bell and walked up to the half dozen or so picketers (if that's a fair description) and asked what the protest was about. I don't know what I expected, but clear/detailed answers weren't in the cards.
Pro Tip: If you're going to protest, be able to answer why you're there/what the issue is... just a suggestion, but a pretty solid one if you ask me.
Once I realized I was asking the wrong person (it took me about 3.5 seconds) I asked who was in charge. I was pointed to a couple that were on a return trip from the AM/PM Mini Market, laden with snacks and beverages, when I asked them about their protest.

There was a bit of hesitation and what seemed like looks of distrust.

I let them know that I do a blog in town and that people were interested in what was up. Seemed like a golden opportunity to tell their side of the story if they wanted to. 

I didn't get any detailed stories from them, but they did tell me that they were protesting the corporate office, and it was over wages. That was truly the gist of it.

I asked if they were from the area (I told them they were in Wildomar, in case they weren't sure) and I was told they were from Moreno Valley. I asked if they'd be back tomorrow to repeat the protest, but the leader said she didn't know yet.

Frontwave was closed due to the MLK Jr holiday, so I couldn't ask them for their take (Sorry Alina).
Many of the "protesters" were busy on their phones on the backside of the banners.
I'm learning new stuff all the time these days... and today I learned that people will drive an hour to protest something they can't really put a finger on when asked about it. I hope whatever the wage issue is, that it gets resolved soon.

If this seems like a case of paid protesters to you... you're not the only one to draw that conclusion. 

•                •                •

If you don't heal what hurt you, you'll bleed on people who didn't cut you.
– Unknown

Wildomar Rap isn't a bleeder, and doesn't plan on becoming one anytime soon. 

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

4 comments:

  1. I frequent the Frontwave Credit Union on Winchester, because they handle my Point Loma Credit Union account. Until a couple months ago, it was Pacific Marine C.U., and became Frontwave. I asked inside if all was the same, and they said "yes", change of name only. So I'm curious as to when and where, (and actually what) the issues pertained to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mildly curious too, but I have no problems with them (still not sure why they'd change their name after 60 years, but that was their call). I have an account there and think they have a very attentive staff, not to mention a very inviting lobby set up. They also have a pretty cool coffee maker (it's like a Keurig on steroids) that customers can access if they'd like.

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised Cal Trans hasn't given them the boot setting up before the on ramp as they removed some of the centers grand opening signs claiming it was illegal to post anything on state property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's something they monitor, maybe it's still under their radar at this point.

      Delete

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.