Sunday, May 10, 2020

• Viral Video Recap

Hey, it's Mother's Day... but you already knew that. I have a quick bit of no sports Sunday fluff to take up a small bit of your time.

It deals with the video I shared on Tuesday, May 5th 

No, it wasn't about Cinco de Mayo, it was of Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco giving a well crafted speech during the Board of Supervisors meeting. Take another look if your memory has already dimmed a bit.
My key takeaway was where he said he wouldn't be 'making criminals out of business owners and single mothers for exercising their constitutional rights', and there cannot be a "new normal"... any "new normal" is an attack on our basic rights.

Even before he was done speaking I knew that I wanted to share his words with the community. So I backed up the video, hit record and then uploaded it to the Wildomar Rap Facebook page (LINK to page)

I then shared it in a couple of key Facebook community groups (What's Up Lake Elsinore/WULE and Wildomar Friends And Community/WFAC) and left it at that. 

Not long after that my FB notifications started pinging and didn't let up for about two and half days. As of about twenty minutes ago, it had eclipsed 400,000 views and 7,500 shares.
Link to the Sheriff's Facebook page.
There have been more than 29,000 reactions on Facebook, and as you can see below, the overwhelming majority were positive. 
Haters gonna hate.
Of course there is always going to be negative feedback... probably the same Philadelphia Eagle fans that booed Santa Claus. 


Wildomar Rap had about 300 new likes/follows, but one person simply couldn't stomach another minute of WR and hit the eject button, and another 57 people hit the "Hide all Posts" button because their delicate feelings didn't know what to do in the face of a strong Sheriff that took his oath to defend the US Constitution seriously during a time of highly questionable edicts from the governor. 
I also happened to upload a copy of it to YouTube as seen at the top of this blog. Even without advertising it, somehow it got 6,700 views, 150 positive reactions and over 40 comments just out of thin air.
It's safe to say that this video has been far more viral than Covid19 ever dreamed of being. (Don't you dare be offended that I mocked a virus that has no feelings. I did NOT mock any people that have had it, including my wife's two cousins in Toronto that died from it.)

As we know, the Sheriff's comment went viral all over the nation... and yes, I'm claiming partial credit for that. 

If it had been up to the local news outlets (other than Wildomar's number 1 trusted news source that is) do you think they would have played his entire comment?  Of course they wouldn't have.

I didn't see the entire clip at Press Enterprise, Valley News or Patch... did you?

The clip I made, and uploaded within 30 minutes of it being uttered, is what got this thing rolling. 

Am I trying to turn this into a "Dig W'Rap" moment? 

Of course! 

I'm savvy enough to know that this is a once in a lifetime moment never to come around again, and I'm going to share it with you... if you aren't keen on it, you can join those other 57 people and hit the "Hide all Posts" option. 

Like I've long said, nowhere is it written that Wildomar Rap is required reading. ☺

Again, Happy Mother's Day, and I hope you're all well.
•                •                •

A good idea will keep you awake during the morning, but a great idea will keep you awake during the night.

– Marilyn vos Savant

Wildomar Rap generally sleeps like a baby.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.