Thursday, July 2, 2020

• Better Know A Wildomar Business: Barks and Rec Pet Care

Meet Morgan Dulak, she is the owner operator of Barks and Rec Pet Care. 
Posing for a pic at Halloween. 
 She's been in Wildomar for more than twenty-two years, having gone to Wildomar Elementary, David A Brown Middle School and then graduating from Elsinore High School. 

Interesting side note, during the conversation I found out that she had come to Wildomar by way of San Clemente like my family did... she arrived about three years sooner.

She started pet sitting about fifteen years ago. She had a good reputation among her friends and acquaintances when it came to her love of animals, and it started when one of them asked if she could keep an eye on their dogs while they were out of town.
Morgan treats me like I'm a superstar!
What started out as favors for friends grew into a real business that culminated in a fully licensed and insured business that serves Wildomar and parts of the surrounding cities of Lake Elsinore, Murrieta, Menifee, Canyon Lake and the local county areas.
Deal's a deal. I shook, now give me a treat. ☺
Here are the key services that Morgan offers: 
    • In home pet sitting
    • Dog walking
    • In home nail trimming (where she goes to customers' homes to trim nails of cats, dogs, guinea pigs and the like).
    • Homemade dog treats (see image at bottom of blog for pricing)
    • Pooper Scooper services

Morgan is trained in pet First Aid and CPR. 
Proud moment.
Morgan meets with all prospective clients as she does a meet and greet, learns the needs and disposition of the animals she'll be working with.

She doesn't do boarding yet, but she's aiming to offer that service by the end of the year, and she mentioned dog training as a service that will be coming online shortly too. 
Cats don't shake, but still expect treats. ☺
I asked if she'd run into situations where she had to decline a job. She let me know that, other than distance, she hasn't had to turn away a client. 

She added, "I'm very good with canine behavior. I have quite a few clients that no other person can really go into their house. I'm the only pet sitter for them because they got turned away by other people."
We keep hearing about these "treats" and we're ready to shake if you are! ☺
She's worked in shelter environments and has a lot of experience with fear aggressive dogs. She was telling me about an aggressive dog she works with that won't let other people walk into the house, but when he sees her he turns back into a puppy wanting to crawl up into her lap and give her kisses. She told me that she enjoys a good challenge. 
Animals love Morgan almost as much as she loves them.
Being in Wildomar I asked if she pet sits for larger animals and she sat up a little straighter, flashed a smile and replied, "Oh yeah, I have experience with all pet [types]. We had a half acre property so I grew up with horses, donkeys, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens. I've actually done pet sitting for raccoons... that was really awesome. 
Slow And Steady Wins The Race.
I asked if there were any other pets that hadn't been mentioned that she watches, "I've watched birds... pretty much any pet that you can think of: tortoises, snakes. I can't really think of a pet that I haven't watched before."

I asked about pricing and as you can imagine, in a unique business like this one, there can't be a set menu of prices. It depends on each individuals needs. 


Contact info: 951-514-7345
Best way to get a hold of Morgan is through text
barksandrecpetcare@gmail.com

•                •                •

“Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.”

– Sigmund Freud

Blogs like Wildomar Rap are very doglike in this regard. 
This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot say enough nice things about Morgan. I'm so glad we found her. We have two cats and there is no one I would trust more to take care of them. Our girl has epilepsy and requires a pill twice a day. Morgan's background is why I initially called her for a meet and greet knowing that she would be capable of giving a pill. Seeing her interact with my cats is why she'll be the only pet sitter we'll ever use. Our boy is very shy and she immediately picked up on this and adjusted her body language so he would feel comfortable coming up to her. I loved that she sent pictures and updates while we were gone. Our cats were so happy and relaxed when we got back from our trip we know they received excellent care while we were away. We are so lucky to have her in our community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Morgan to be incredibly responsible and committed to excellence. She is passionate about animals and their care. Give her a call. You won't be sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.