Thursday, June 30, 2022

• Ask Wildomar Rap: What's Up With The Different Color Street Signs?

As you have most likely noticed, the old green street signs are being updated to blue. 

I've been asked 'why are they no longer green?' 

Have you wondered about the different color schemes found on some signs?

That's an easy answer, green is the color of county signs, and now that we're a city, and the old signs are at the end of their lifespan, we're updating them to the new city design.

This is the second reversed sign that I've seen in town. Have you seen others?

The new signs are blue and white, but, if you've been paying close attention, you've noticed that once in a while there's a sign that has the colors reversed; white and blue.

I bet that you're wondering what that's about...

The blue signs are for public streets that the city maintains. 

The white signs are for private streets that the city does not maintain.  

The nuance is the private streets may be public but they are not maintained by the city. This dynamic is something inherited from the county. 

Good old Google Maps... not too long from now these green signs will all be relegated to the ash heap of Google memories. 

When will the changeover be complete?

The changeover program isn't a front-burner issue and is being done in segments as the budget allows. If your street hasn't been done yet, it will be in time. 


UPDATED:
I was asked why the Wildomar Trail signs are brown... I knew that I should have included that. 

The idea was to have the Wildomar Trail roadsigns stand out and give an old-timey feel.

Before.

After.

If you have questions for Wildomar Rap, I'll see if I can answer them. The question is how to contact me???  

Facebook is the best method... though I have an email that I don't check that often wildomarrap@gmail.com for those that have wisely avoided social media.

•                •                •
  

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." 

– Ovid

Wildomar Rap is doubtful of a bountiful crop, but has indeed been resting.

This blog was produced for viewing on a desktop or a laptop. Though it's been optimized for smartphones, the formatting can look odd on a smartphone or if you get this delivered through email (such as missing video links). Link to proper format.

2 comments:

  1. How would one obtain an old street sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've asked the city manager about this. Staff needs direction and this will be on a future city council agenda. Thanks for asking.

      Delete

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.