Friday, August 19, 2022

• Why Are The Lights Off At Marna?

Back in July, I added a photo to the Wildomar Rap Facebook page. If you visit that page you'll see how I enjoy changing the banner photo on a somewhat regular basis. 

The photos are nearly always of one view of Wildomar or another. The one in question was at Marna O'Brien park looking through the breezeway to the hills.

The original caption was, "One of my favorite places to be in Wildomar. 😊"

Shortly after the photo was uploaded I got a comment from a resident on the photo that went like this, "It would be mine too if the parking lot had lights on at night! Especially on a very crowded night like the Wildomar Bash."

I'll add screenshots of the conversation, but if it's difficult to read on your device, please click this link to read it as it was on Facebook.


.
.

From the screenshots above if they aren't legible on your device.
Now I've spoken with the main park's person. I'm glad that you brought this to my attention because now I know I am up on the issue. 

To make a long story short, the replacement bulbs in question are obsolete. The city is looking to retrofit them to LEDs, and that has been an eye opening process as they've been learning about mistakes that other cities have made in this process.

The lights won't be retrofitted this calendar year, but they are looking to do this in the first quarter of next year. 

That's not to say that they aren't working on the issue, but it needs to be part of the budget and approved. All that takes time.
I hope this helped answer your question about the lights in the parking lot.
—from the screenshots above 

Then, in a further update that I received from City Manager Dan York, I got a few more details that I can share with the community as to what's being done about it. 
Marna O'Brien Lighting  

We are in the process of Requesting Quotes to retrofit the lamps at the park.  

FAQ's: we have 32 lights in the parking lot and 57 lights on the pathways.  The budget allocates $10,000 our current estimate to be confirmed by quotes is closer to $17,000.  Our goal is to have the lights updated before day light savings time.
This is one example, among countless dozens, of similar questions and concerns that I've helped get an answer to since being elected to city council in back in 2018. 

There aren't a lot of things that a member of the city council has power over, but we do have power over getting information out... even if the answers aren't always what we're were hoping for. 
The campaign has begun and really heats up from Labor Day through most of October. I'll be looking for endorsements from residents in Wildomar. If you've been helped by me, or are otherwise happy with my work on city council, and would like to share your experience, I'd be very appreciative to be able to use your story in a Facebook post.

For comments, questions and concerns please reach out to me at my campaign email josephmorabito2018@gmail.com, my city council Facebook page with this link, or if you'd like to talk on the phone, here's my number (951) 285-1663. (leave a message, and I'll be sure to return your call)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say... for other inquiries try the email listed under "view my complete profile" but if you want to discuss a blog topic, I'll only do it in this comment section, not by email.